Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 101 to 110

Day 110: 2/9/2011
What a wonderful surprise at our front door.
Brad and Jessica had this wonderful canvas picture made for us.
Now I just have to decide where to hang it! 

Day 109: 2/8/2011
Although I avoided being out in the snow and cold today, 
I look out my office window to see a dozen birds
 perched peacefully on branches. 

Day 108: 2/7/2011
With over 10,000 Russian orphans aging out of the system, 
8,500 fall into drugs, prostitution and hard crime while 
another 500 tragically commit suicide. 
Today we met Alex of The Harbor in St. Petersburg.
He has created a home for these orphans to go after they leave the orphanage. 
They are taught life skills, given a chance for higher education 
and shown what a real home and family looks like. 
To learn more, visit http://www.theharborspb.org/

Day 107: 2/6/2011
I am so proud of my daddy! 
Today, after preaching a risky "unveiled" sermon, 
the congregation at Cherry Creek Pres. almost unanimously 
voted for him to become the next senior pastor.
It's was a great and emotional day! 

Day 106: 2/5/2011
Unable to score even a basket in the first half, 
Jeff's 2nd and 3rd grade basketball team made the comeback of the century,
 outscoring the other team 16 to 2 in the second half!
You should have seen the shock on the parents and kids' faces!

Day 105: 2/4/2011
Happy Birthday Roselande Alexis.
Today, the compassion child Jeff and I sponsor from Haiti turned five. 
Not allowed to send her anything, we celebrated with an authentic
 Haitian meal and of course a birthday cake! 

Day 104: 2/3/2011
I am not a fan of  leftovers...
Jeff please eat them. :) 

Day 103: 2/2/2011
Brrr! Record setting temperatures the last 48 hours. 
With the added wind chill, forecasters were saying it felt more like -32!

Day 102: 2/1/2011
Perk of being married: 
I now have someone to scrap the ice off my car in the mornings
while sit in the warm car with my coffee. 

Day 101: 1/31/2011
Finally a bookshelf for my growing collection of cook books!

3 comments:

  1. The bookshelf looks great! As does the artwork/"work of art" on top! Beautiful gift from your friends!
    Why are you not allowed to send birthday gifts to Roselande?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family's sponsored child in India turned 21 last summer, so great to get a photo of her all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful gift to give someone! My cousin is dating a former "compassion child" whose life was radically changed by those who invested in him.

    Alexa- Normally, Compassion does not like to give out exact locations for safety purposes, and likes to "approve" all packages. I'm sure there is someway to get around it and I know you can travel and meet your child- but we figured this year we would just follow the rules. We sent Rosie a "birthday gift" that a local employee will pick out for her according to her needs and wish list. We also will compile pictures from our dinner celebration and send them to her.

    ReplyDelete