We all know that in life we have our ups and downs, our excitements and our sorrows. But through it all, my hope is to maintain peace, have faith, and live life to the fullest. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not good at this, but it is something I'm working towards. Lately, I've tried to steer away from the medical "fix-its" for depression and/or anxiety, and start to learn some natural ways to relax. Here's my list so far...

1. Healthy diet: I've noticed the more healthy I eat, the better I feel.
2. Cooking: Trying a new recipe always helps me refocus.
3. Bubble baths: Even just 10 minutes does the job.
4. Candles: They provide a calming atmosphere and wonderful aroma. Can't go wrong with mint eucalyptus candles on a stress-filled day!
5. Physical touch: Sometimes a back rub or even just a hug is all I need.
6. Omega-3 fatty acids: I've really seen a difference since I started taking fish oil. It might be all in the mind, but if it seems to help, I must be doing something right!
7. Yoga: Exercise in general is always good for the soul. Yoga just happens to be what works WONDERS for me!
8. Sunlight: My mom always told me she was happiest on a boat in the sun. Vitamin D is a natural mood-lifter and absolutely works for me! 
1. Healthy diet: I've noticed the more healthy I eat, the better I feel.
2. Cooking: Trying a new recipe always helps me refocus.
3. Bubble baths: Even just 10 minutes does the job.
4. Candles: They provide a calming atmosphere and wonderful aroma. Can't go wrong with mint eucalyptus candles on a stress-filled day!
5. Physical touch: Sometimes a back rub or even just a hug is all I need.
6. Omega-3 fatty acids: I've really seen a difference since I started taking fish oil. It might be all in the mind, but if it seems to help, I must be doing something right!7. Yoga: Exercise in general is always good for the soul. Yoga just happens to be what works WONDERS for me!
9. Wonderful company: Surrounding myself with people I care is not only rejuvenating when I'm stressed, but it's a essential for preventing stress as well. 10. Deep Relationship with the Almighty: The more I learn about God's sovereignty and the promises He has made me, the more I realize that I gain nothing by worrying.
I am realizing how important it is to take in the moments of life, BE STILL and rest in the promises God has made me. I pray that in my openness, you can contemplate the things that help you stay renewed and at peace.
Yours truly,
Becca

Becca, I really appreciate this post. Medical "fix-its" can be helpful, at least at the symptom level, but as I think you're exploring here -- what is a deeper way to connect with the body, mind and spirit? These are such natural suggestions, but somehow in all our modern miracles, we forget about them, under value them, under use them. I certainly do. I can relate very much to nearly all of these (candles miss my list... I wonder what would happen if I invited more "flicker and flame" into my life?). Thank you for this reminder to be still and know. I need to give myself permission to be still. And actual physical and calendar space to do it. XO
ReplyDelete