Okay, it's no surprise to those of you who know me (Becca), but I love, love, LOVE kids. Spending time with kids is by far one of my favorite pastimes. So it's also no surprise that I'm super excited to visit numerous orphanages while I'm in Africa this winter. But is that really a good reason to go on a mission trip?
Honestly, I would have to say no. Although playing with kids is great, it's not even close to a good reason to go to Africa. So in order to make sure I keep my priorities and mindset straight, I've jotted down some reasons why I feel lead to go to Africa:
I am called to...
defend the fatherless.
show obedience.
be a light onto the world, even in the darkest of places.
act justly, love mercy and walk humbly.
be His hands and feet.
I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone.
I need to learn that it's not about me.
I need to learn that it's really all about Him.


No comments:
Post a Comment